Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Daryl and His Recidivism

Here's just a quick update on some of my recent medical adventures, as well as some adventures planned for the next few weeks, based on meetings with doctors on Monday of this week through today.

Surgeries:  I will have two surgeries between now and May 1. The first one is a pre-surgery surgery tomorrow afternoon, 4/20. Its purpose is to install a drain to pull off infectious material to enable the doctor to see clearly on the 5/1 surgery, and to prescribe an antibiotic to take prior to surgery. Tomorrow's surgery should last about 90 minutes. They will keep me overnight and then most likely release me on Friday as part of their "catch, tag and release" program.

The 5/1 surgery is to remove a very large stone from one of my kidneys. They will go in by small incision, attempt to remove the stone by grinding and vacuum, and keep me in the hospital that night. The next day, they will perform a CT scan to make sure they got all the fragments. If they got it all, they will let me go home. If not, there will be a repeat surgery on 5/3. So, I will be in the hospital 2-3 days, then recover at home through 5/7.

We have a name for people like you, Daryl. It's called recidivism. Can you say recidivism, Daryl? Do you know what that means?

Chemotherapy for multiple myeloma: This last round was tough, but it did decrease the cancer by about 20% (overall decrease of about 40% since early February). I will need to discontinue chemotherapy until surgeries and recovery are complete.

Shortness of breath: The reason for my extreme shortness of breath of late is poor quality blood, likely caused by the bone marrow not making good blood due to the cancer, side effects of the chemotherapy drug, and lack of activity brought on by poor quality blood (#vicious cycle).

As always, our hope and trust is in the Lord, along with our gratitude for His sustaining power and provision thus far, and thanks to you for your friendship, encouragement and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Daryl Bennett. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your sickness. Please be assured of my prayer support as you go through couple surgeries between now and May. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your circle of friends and relatives and church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr Itua herbal center who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal medicine. I came to know more about Dr Itua on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.
    I will advise you to contact Doctor Itua Herbal Center for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.
    Doctor Itua Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete