Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Update March 2018

I went by to see the local cancer doc yesterday (for myeloma, the cancer in the bone marrow) to discuss test results on a blood sample taken last week. The bad news portion of the visit is that the bone marrow is not making good blood. I could have guessed that without the lab work. It could be that the marrow is gummed up be the cancer cells, which had risen a lot at prior visit, or it could be that I am still recovering from December's major surgery. Either way, it leaves me tired, short of breath, and somewhat dizzy a lot of the time.

The good news is that the brief time I was on chemotherapy this past month made a significant drop in the cancer level - it decreased by about 40%. Hopefully, both the chemo and the cancer decrease will continue and help clear up the bone marrow, and the marrow will start making better blood. We are now working with my new insurance company to get the next batch of chemo drugs ordered, and I will resume chemotherapy when it arrives, probably sometime next week.

Tomorrow will make 3 months since December's surgery. I will go see the doctor who did that surgery in early April, and then go back to see the myeloma cancer doc in mid April. I am still working partial days (thanks to a mighty God, a gracious employer, and a capable staff), but I have not yet been able to resume exercising. Perhaps as I can, that too will help with blood improvement and alleviation of those problems.

As always, thank you for you love, prayers, support and encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. 40% decrease, well thats good "I Think" - sure glad the Holy Spirit understand it all and FIXES my ... prayers/indecisiveness. Hope & pray that you get back to exercising, cause for me personally it is the means that seem to lift my spirit -

    ReplyDelete