Tuesday, May 15, 2018

What's Happening

The surgery I had two weeks ago today to remove the large kidney stone (more like a kidney boulder) went well and did me an incredible amount of good. I could tell I was better almost immediately after surgery. I spent a few days in the hospital, then came home to continue recovery. I am now working almost full days. Carol can give a list of "good health" things that I can do now that I could not do a short while ago, and "being sick" things that I no longer do that I was doing a short while ago. I am blessed to have her as a wife. While in my mind, I know she is right, all I can look at is how far from 100% I am. I guess I am now feeling good enough to feel somewhat bad.

I went to see my regular cancer doctor this afternoon. He puts a lot of stock in how people look and says I am looking really good. Carol agrees. What looking good means to a cancer doc, however, means that I'm probably healthy enough to resume chemotherapy for the myeloma, which has been on the rise during the break to fight the bladder and kidney problems. That cancer is the highest it has been in a couple of years. I will order the medicine tomorrow and get started back in a few days. The goal is to beat the cancer down and get the bone marrow to making better blood, which should fix a variety of problems related to energy, fatigue, breathing, etc.

Thanks to all for your love, prayers, encouragement and concern!

2 comments:

  1. I second your doctors opinion. You looked good on Sunday in the church library. Better than you looked two weeks ago. I will praise the Lord for that! Praying for God's wisdom and direction for your next phase of "health management". Small steps forward are great victories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how you feel, how you are, or how you aren’t, you always reflect God’s light as you share your journey. His Truth shines through your ups and downs. Next reunion you must bring Carol so I get to know know that lady. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete