Saturday, June 7, 2008

Getting Back Into the Swim of Things

It's been over a month since I have been swimming (since April 22, to be exact). That cracking the back that got me hauled away to the Emergency Room by ambulance in the middle of the night on May1 - 2, really curtailed a lot of activities, foremost of which was swimming, and the pre-fracture pain had slowed the swimming down prior to that time, also. Anyway, today I made it back into the pool for a mixture of walking and easy stroke swimming. Not counting the walking, I only swam a very modest 200 to 300 meters, but it felt like a wonderful start. Hurray for swimming!

By the way, I will probably have to stay in my brace for another couple of months while the back finishes healing, but it is healing nicely. Thanks to all for your prayers and concern. - DWB

3 comments:

  1. Daryl, was good to see you today at church and to also read the update on your web page as well. Please know that I continue to pray for you and will specifically also pray for resolution of the back issue and improved coordination between the two docs.

    Daryl, I'm always moved that despite your own pains and trials, you continue to care for and be a shepherd for others. When I see you, I hardly am able to ask about you because you so earnestly want an update on Denise with her cancer. Thank you for your godly example and fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Son,
    I am so very touched always by your words and thoughts, and am blessed by your constant faith in these tough times. You are in our thoughts and prayers so very much and so often. We love you and look forward to spending some time with you.
    Mom (aka Grammy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darrell: I love reading your posts and, especially, appreciate your positive attitude. The pics of Allysa Faith (sp?) are precious. Julia is, truly, one of my favorite people. I was out of church today so may have missed her debut. One question: had you found a diamond, what would you have done with it?
    Also, how have I missed your mom's condition. she reminds me of my mom who lived with me for 10 years. (She had Alz)
    You have made us proud to be your friend. We are praying for you and believe what you tell us, that God is in control and that you are committed to his will. That is, truly, a great place to be. I want more of that in my life...
    Thank you for your presence in my world. So many people love you and your family. God Bless.

    Carole Stinson Jones

    ReplyDelete