Monday, June 16, 2008

Arkansas Road Trip

Last week, Carol and I took a 3 day road trip through Arkansas. Thursday afternoon, we hunted for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park, billed as the only diamond mine in North America. Somebody must have gotten there before us. We found some nice jasper and quartz, but no diamonds, then we spent the night at DeGray Lake State Resort Lodge.



Here are some pictures of Diamond Daryl, and my most precious find.





Friday and Saturday were spent in Heber Springs, having a great time checking up on my mom and visiting with my siblings and siblings-in-law. On Friday afternoon, I swam for about 20 minutes doing easy back strokes in the motel pool, before it had any other guests using it. One of the more interesting aspects of the trip was improvising arrangements for me to sleep in firm, inclined position for my back in the motel/lodge rooms.

And here is a picture of my Sis, my Mom, and me. I have seen that look before.

No comments:

Post a Comment