Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Post Op Visit

I had the post op visit with the urology surgeon this afternoon. He removed all sorts of tubes, patches, drains, staples, etc. (OUCH!), and sent me home with only permanent hardware remaining. The post-op pathology report said that the (removed) bladder definitely had cancer in the muscle wall, but the lymph nodes surrounding the bladder did not have cancer. In other words, they think they got all of the cancer, and I won't need to got through chemotherapy to kill any remaining cells. I will go back for a CT scan and check up in three months, but that's it with treatment for this cancer for now. 

Coming weeks will involve a continued slow recovery and learning how to live, dress, work, swim, etc. with the new hardware on my side. Thanks to all for the love, visits, care and help over the past weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment