Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Life is in the Blood

So what is going on right now is some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there appears to be significant reduction in the cancer, whether it is from the radiation treatment and its residual effects, the "light duty" chemo I was on for several weeks in Feb/Mar, or the "heavy duty" chemo I have been on for two weeks, or any combination of the above. I know that ultimately it all comes from the hand of my sovereign Lord.

The bad news is that the bone marrow is not making good blood, probably due to the radiation therapy whipping down the marrow, and the fact that the marrow is too gummed up with cancer cells to be very productive. This also comes from the hand of my sovereign Lord, who loves me with a love I am not able to begin to comprehend. As Job declared (Job 2:10) "Shall we accept good from God, and not accept adversity?" Anyway, I was forced to go in recently to get two units of a blood transfusion. There was no choice about it. The Bible declares that "the life is in the blood," and as I sat there for hours watching it go into my body, I had to agree, and was very grateful for it.

1 comment: