Sunday, April 10, 2016

Ending Radiation and Resuming Chemotherapy

On March 28, I resumed the heavy duty chemotherapy of a drug that had been successful in fighting my cancer a few years ago, but not before I had a few adventures along the way following completion of the radiation therapy. The radiation had lowered various parameters in my blood to make it too low for me to start chemo. Then, an opportunistic bug came along just three days after completing radiation, that had Carol rush me to the ER with a high temp and me pretty well out of it, and kept me in the hospital for four days with what turned out to be pneumonia. I did not like being in the hospital, but God used it as a time when we could minister to others, and I certainly appreciated all who came by to minister to me during this time.

On March 28, I resumed the heavy duty chemo. As I said, this drug was effective several years ago at decreasing the cancer. At that time, I was on it for 14 months. Our prayer is that it will still be effective (that the cancer will not have developed a resistance to it) and that it will be effective quickly. Your joining us in that prayer will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment