Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Quick Cancer Update

Just a quick update on my visit to the cancer doc a couple of days ago. I had already received tests results from blood samples taken last week, so knew that the cancer was continuing to increase, but I did not believe it was to the point where chemotherapy needed to be resumed. Thankfully, he concurred. He described the cancer as "smoldering." It is there, increasing, and will need to be addressed someday, but not necessarily right now. Let's give my body a chance to build up some more strength before attacking it and the cancer again, and especially not have my immune system compromised for a trip I am planning overseas for this June. Unless there is a radical change, the earliest I would resume chemotherapy will be July 1. As always, thanks for your prayers, love and concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment