Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Squirrel!


This past Saturday morning, Carol had to work, so I went to get my 18-month old granddaughter Alyssa and kept her for a few hours by myself. It was nice to have some time with her all by myself. She followed me around and helped me put together this (hopefully) squirrel-proof enclosure for some young seedlings. We were doing real well working in the driveway until it started to rain and had to move into the garage door opening. Alyssa played with chalk on the drive or concrete floor, climbed into her little car and told me "bye", handed me tools and supplies whether I needed them or not, and sat on my lap while we put on the screening. When it was time to go and get Carol and I put Alyssa into her car seat, she thought we were leaving for good, cried and pointed back to where we had been working, and didn't want to leave. We came back with Grandma Carol and had some more good time.

Anyway, the squirrel-proof cage didn't get finished until Monday evening, with Matt and Carol's help. Here are a couple of pictures of it. I call it "Farina."

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Son,
    What a sweet posting! I look forward to spending some time with you all and everyone out there. Looking forward, too, to meeting my new great granddaugters!
    Love to you all.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete