Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

When I was little, my mom used to be famous (at least with me) for her sugar cookies. I liked them plain or frosted, but frosted was, and still is, best. Sometimes for Valentines Day she would make little sugar cookies shaped like hearts, and sometimes they would have pink frosting.

This year on Valentines Day weekend, Carol and I drove to Arkansas to check on my mom and see other family there. Because there were some business matters which forced us to stay over until Monday, we drove up on Saturday, spent Sunday in Heber Springs, and took care of business in Little Rock on Monday. We made a nice Valentines weekend out of it with meals out and a nice place to stay.

As a Valentine gift to me, Carol made a big batch of heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink frosting. Here's a picture of me sharing one to my mom.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Son,
    What a sweet posting. It made my cry, and that is good. I need one every once in a while, and it made me so proud to read how good you are to your Mother and I know that goodness carries over into the way you care about Carol. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete