Saturday, November 11, 2017

Fighting Cancer on a Second Front

October was a pretty rough month. As many of you know, it started with my older brother dying at the end of September, which was a very hard personal blow to me.

Physically, I had outpatient surgery in October to remove a large bladder stone.  That outpatient surgery didn't go so well, and was followed by two visits to the ER, a couple of days in the hospital, and a lot of time missed from work as I laid at home recovering due to complications. It turns out that the mass removed was not a bladder stone, but a tumor, and the tumor was malignant. Because the cancer has invaded into the bladder muscle wall, it will also be necessary to remove the bladder. We have weighed various options, and several friends who have experienced the same have been very helpful with information. We are now in the process of selecting a surgeon to perform the procedure.

Because of all the other health issues, I missed a good bit of my chemotherapy last month, and the multiple myeloma cancer in the bone marrow has increased. Fighting that cancer, however, has taken a back seat and been put on hold until we address the bladder cancer.

Once we get surgery scheduled, I will try to post an update with details as to when and how long I will likely be out of commission.

Thank you for caring, loving, praying and encouraging.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Daryl, many prayers for you and Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl, you and your family are in my prayers. Your faith shines through your posts I️ kknow it will sustain you and Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowser Daryle, just another reminder to me just how good our God is - NOT that I'm glad that your or your family is having a rough time, quiet the opposite actually, But that How faithful GOD is - to Him be all the glory. PRAYERS for you-all
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update Daryl. I am praying for you. I’m encouraged by your faith in Christ. May he grant you strength this day to glorify His name.

    ReplyDelete