Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Update February 2014

The latest news from the world of oncologists is that I went to see the cancer doc on Tuesday to discuss results of blood sample drawn on Friday, 2/21. The M-spike (measure of cancer) actually appears to have decreased a little bit over the past two months, from 1.2 down to 1.1. This is likely just due to variations of it being difficult to read the test, but it also means that it is increasing at a very slow rate. Although the numbers differ, the rate of increase between tests taken at Mayo is exactly the same as the rate of increase for tests taken here in Texas.
 
At this rate of increase, my personal calculation is that it would likely be 3 to 5 years before I resume chemotherapy According to esteemed medical minds, my course of action for now is to go off and live my life as though I don't have cancer, come in and get it checked on every couple of months, and they will let me know when to be sick again.
 
I'm feeling good most of the time, just a little fatigue and a little pain (from past treatments, not the cancer) to deal with from time to time. Thanks to all for the love, prayers, and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment