Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy (early) New Year!

On New Years Day 2013, I swam one mile and was so excited about it that I set a goal of swimming two miles on New Years Day 2014, and foolishly made the mistake of publicly stating my goal on a forum such as facebook. Then along came a stem cell transplant at the Mayo Clinic Rochester for the months of January and February, and I was out of the pool as a precautionary measure against infections for months.

On June 24, I was able to resume swimming, and was pleased to get in a one-mile swim 10 days later on Independence Day. I have been trying to keep the routine up, and got in another one-mile swim last week.

Today, I went to the pool, planning to do a 1200 meter swim, but after I got into the swim, I decided, "Hey, I'm here at the pool, the swimming is going pretty good, I'm going to have 1200 meters (about 6 furlongs or 3/4 of a mile) in anyway, I've got an available time slot and the pool isn't busy on a weekday (could be busy on a holiday) - why not go ahead and get in my two mile swim a few weeks early?" So I did.

As the title declares, "Happy Early New Years!"

1 comment:

  1. Just read this. Dan and I say, "How about that?!! Woohoo!!"

    ReplyDelete