Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cancer Update 2/15/11

Just a quick update, because many of you are so faithful to ask about how things are going with me. Last week I had a blood sample taken, then went to see the cancer doc yesterday. In the 2 and 1/2 months since my last check-up, the cancer has increased slightly, but is still low enough to not warrant resuming the chemo therapy. In fact, if I were to go in for a routine physical exam today, there would not be sufficient cancer to show up and send me on for further examination.

Overall, I feel fine most days, and just have to call it quits on some evening activities and get some rest. Every week that goes by off of the chemo, I am feeling better and stronger. I have been swimming 4 km (2.5 miles) per week, and hope to swim 5 km (3 miles) this week. I am also trying some new things to deal with lingering pain in the feet from past chemo treatments, and it seems to be going well.

Thanks for caring and praying. I am grateful to God for the 8.5 months I have been off of chemo, and am also grateful that I do not have to resume it for at least a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment