Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Good & Godly Man


Sometime Monday night/early Tuesday morning, my father-in-law, Walter "Dub" Young, passed away and went to be in the arms of the Lord he adored. He was a good and godly man, as evidenced in one aspect by the extremely well-worn and well-applied Bible in the photo.

Although he was old in not in good health, the timing of his death was not expected. We had moved him into a local nursing home just 3 weeks ago (see a few posts down). Carol and I had visited with him on Sunday afternoon and he seemed to be doing okay. He introduced himself to another resident as, "I'm a Tennessee man,...and I Love the Lord!"

We were looking forward to having some times with him for just a little longer, and will miss him. Here's what I guess are the last photos of him from Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment