Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tool Time

This afternoon, while the ladies were having a bridal shower for my future daughter-in-law Amy, a few of us guys got together and had a Tool Time for Matt. Not wanting anyone to feel excluded but also not wanting anyone to feel obligated, I limited the invitations to a handful a men who have had (or are currently having) significant input into Matthew's life over the years, and who also like tools. Each man told Matt why the selected tool he gave was important for a man to have, and also gave Matt some good advice about married life (even the young single guys).

He got a really good foundation of tools for starting out. I appreciate each man's generosity, each man's advice, each man's investment in Matt over the years, past, present and future, and their prayers for Matt and Amy.



When I was a young man approaching the age to leave home, my Dad gave me a set of Craftsmen wrenches, sockets & ratchets, and screwdrivers. Today, 40 years later, they remain the foundation of my tool collection. Guess what I got for Matt just as quickly as I could get to the Sears store to buy them. We guys had a great time at the Tool Time.

2 comments: