Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Status

Last week, I marked my second year since diagnosis with cancer. For more than a year, I have wanted to write a blog about how that first year with cancer was the greatest year of my life, as God showed me how great He was in caring for me, how much I was loved, what a wonderful wife He had given me, and many other things. Lately I have seen how He sometimes lovingly breaks His servants to ferret out those remaining areas of (ouch!) sin in our lives, and increase our humility and dependence on Him. Maybe someday I will get to write those blogs.

Yesterday, I received results back on blood samples taken last week. My current status is that I am "stable." The cancer level hasn't increased or decreased over the past two months, but is at the lowest level since diagnosis. I am still undergoing chemotherapy, and there is currently no plan to change medication anytime soon. Thanks to all for caring and praying. This is still a long, long way from being over.

No comments:

Post a Comment