Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I got the results back this morning of my latest blood work and the news was good. In short, the bad numbers are down and the good numbers are up.

The very worst of the bad numbers, the M-Spike, is down to 0.8, the lowest it has ever been measured. Total proteins and other indicators of myeloma in the blood are also significantly down. The best of the good numbers to be up is my red blood count, which is now in normal range.

Some of the nicest news, however, is the fact that quite a few of the things they measure moved into the "normal range" for those parameters this month for the first time. Praise God for that.

What it means is that the cancer, though not gone, has been significantly decreased, my bone marrow is making much healthier blood, and other parts of my body are healthier, too. My doctor was just about ecstatic with the results.

We thank God for all these good results, and thanks to you for your love, caring and prayers.

PS - Don't stop praying or start celebrating just yet. I'm still a ways from being out of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment